Friday, January 9, 2015

The Reflection of Shadows: Pieces of Me, Pieces of You

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments


Here's a little collaborative something-something that takes verses from some of my favorite songs and pieces them all together.


Things We Love - Society6
Pieces of Me, Pieces of You

One of these days the sky's gonna break
And everything will escape
And I'll know
I’ll know

Seems that I have been held
In some dreaming state
I twist in the waking world
Never quite awake

I learned to live half alive
River in flames, cities on fire
Shut your eyes

If I could start again, a million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way
I lay down on the cold, cold ground
A million miles away
And I pray

I’m so cold, I’m so cold, I’m so cold
You bleed just to know you’re alive
Forfeit all my lives to get just one right
No more waking up to innocence
Say hello to hesitance
To everyone I meet
Everyone I meet

The silence is golden
I used to think that silence was golden
Silence is golden
I used to think that silence was golden

I need to hear some sounds
That recognize the pain in me
But these are only walls that hold me here
I have nothing left to fear
I’ve got the right to disappear
I’ve got the right to disappear

No comments: