Friday, January 23, 2015

The Reflection of Shadows: I Know How it Feels to Scream

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments


Being a person is one of the hardest things to do in life.

Far too often we feel like prisoners in our own minds, bodies, entire beings. We struggle with love - from others, from ourselves. We struggle with who we want to be and who we actually are. We struggle with simply living our lives. We get so caught up in the bad that we forget the good, the tomorrows, the wonderful things that will happen in their own time.

We forget that everything we've ever done in life has been a struggle and we deem this moment, this bad thing, as the worst of them all. We forget that we had to learn how to crawl, how to walk, how to eat and think and be in a time where it was considered only learning lessons and growing, not struggling, not suffering.

We forget that we're human.

That like any true work of art, time, effort, and fortitude is what sculpts stone into statue. Canvas into painting. Acorn into oak tree.

Do not give up your right to these things, no matter how dark and dreary they seem. Do not forfeit the hard work of growing and learning and molding yourself into a magnificent, breathtaking, glorious work of art.

Breaking the Boundaries I
Society 6
I Know How It Feels To Scream

I know how it feels to scream,
Yet silently be suffering,
To all the world, appear unseen-
I know how it feels to scream.

I remember darker days,
A colder me that lost my way,
When shadows hung on everyday-
I remember darker days.

I recall my rusted wheel,
I couldn’t move, I couldn’t heal,
I very often couldn’t feel-
I recall my rusted wheel.

I’ve been in the gap of life,
When I no longer cared to fight,
When giving up was pure delight-
I’ve been in the gap of life.

I thought all I knew was fake,
So every time I tried, I’d break,
With every crack, I dug my grave-
I thought all I knew was fake.

I prayed for light and brighter days,
I asked for shelter from my pain,
I asked for lessons, and they came-
I prayed for light and brighter days.

I broke free from being lost,
I suffered for a selfish cause,
When asked for more, I paid the cost-
But I broke free from being lost.

I know what I see is real,
The things I cant explain, I feel,
The things I cannot change will heal-
I know what I see is real.

I’m still waiting for my heart
To grow and beat and mend it’s part,
To once again know where it starts-
I’m still waiting for my heart.

I’m not giving up my fight,
I’m stronger after each dark night,
I’ve found my reason, know it’s right-
I’m not giving up my fight.

No comments: