Friday, October 9, 2015

The Reflection of Shadows: I Remember

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6

I Remember

I remember the day that I broke-
Like my grandfather’s clock that will no longer go,
Like the day that he died and death took his soul,
When I should’ve been strong but I let it unfold-
I remember the day, the day that I broke.

I remember the day that I burst-
When emotions took over like unquenchable thirst,
When my tears rolled down on my blue silken shirt,
When the oil was flushed and the driving was good-
I remember the day, the day that I burst.

I remember that day that I died-
When I looked in a Holy man’s eyes and I lied,
When the rose petals cut me and tore up my life,
When the beads came tumbling down from my side-
I remember the day, the day that I died.

I wait for the day when I’m brave-
When I sew up the hem of my life that has frayed,
When my baggage gets lost as my plane flies away,
When oceans will separate me from my pain-
I wait for the day, the day when I'm brave.




No comments: