Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday Mantra: The Evolution of All Things

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Everything changes

Society6
I'm sorry this is so late. I've been trying to think of what I meant when the phrase "The Evolution of all Things" popped into my head. Because it felt right when it showed up. It felt accurate. It felt alive.
It felt like all the things that have ever happened in life summed up in one pretty little sentence. Growing and changing and learning and living - this is the evolution of all things. This is the undying truth to the universe: Everything, absolutely everything, changes.

It made me think of the most recent secret in the Chopra series. Of how we try and resist change at ridiculous and completely unachievable costs. How we lie, manipulate, deceive in an effort to try and control something that is other worldly, free of restraint, incapable of being stopped- change. It made me think of how far I've come and how far I have yet to go. How I have evolved into the person I am today, right this second, yet how the very fabric of my being will alter itself in the next because this is how life works. Shifting, changing, taking action when we don't even notice. How this is the other yin to the yang of what the universe knows, what we forget daily: Nothing stays the same for long.

It made me realize how beautiful it is, this - the changing of everything. How all the fear and worry we carry around is unnecessary, unneeded. How much better every experience would be if we could see past those imaginary boundaries we've built in our minds. Change: The caterpillar into the butterfly. The seeds into flowers, into vegetables, into fruit. The darkness each one experiences - the cocoon, the burial - until the breakthrough. How this life, these experiences, are tiny and continual breakthroughs. How much lovelier life - humanity - would be if we remembered this. If we could remember another universal truth, the one we forget the most often: We wouldn't be here without change.

No comments: