Friday, February 19, 2016

The Reflection of Shadows: This Is How I Find Escape

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6

This Is How I Find Escape

You can’t affect me-
I’m far too strong.
I’m disconnected
From my thoughts.
I lost connection,
Didn’t fight,
I let the darkness
Take the light.
You cannot reach me-
Please don’t try.
I like the shadows
In my life.
I like the headache,
Favor pain,
I prefer
The harder way.
You’re not the answer
To my problem,
Not my savior
For the solving,
I wont give in,
I’ve found the night,
It’s where I find
The most delight.

You can’t affect me-
I’m not here.
I put up walls
To disappear.
I left my spirit,
Left my life,
Left my future
All behind.
You cannot reach me-
Just give up.
I don’t recall
A time of love.
I don’t remember
Joy or peace,
I broke away
From life’s long lease.
You’re not the answer
To my question,
Leave me here
In self division,
Let me go
And let me break
For this is how
I find escape.




No comments: