Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday Mantra: Make Everything Beautiful

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Find the mission statement for your life
Society6
Norman Duenas


When it comes to skills and marketable assets, I have some pretty good ones.

-Able to walk a giant labrador retriever (who does not know how to walk like a normal dog on a leash) and a tiny doxie (who doesn't really want to go for a walk) at the same time without anyone losing a leg, including me. (You should see us. We're a hot mess.)

 - Knowing when anything is out of place at any given time in the house and keeping a mental list of those items until they are corrected and put back WHERE THEY BELONG.

 - Flossing like a boss.

 Damn, those are good. I should really add them to my LinkedIn page.

I'm not sure I'd count this next one as a skill, but I would call it my mission statement: I want to make everything beautiful.

Companies use mission statements to describe their purpose as a business. Maybe we, as individuals, should start creating out own missions statements to help communicate to others our purpose as, well, people. Why we are who we are, do what we do, dream and live and think the way we think. Maybe, just maybe, we could more quickly get to the depths of the person in front of us.

Imagine meeting someone new for the first time. You introduce yourselves, exchange niceties, but then instead of wasting the next hour or two or three or four weeks getting to know each other, you share your mission statements. Within minutes you would know what was most important to each other. You would have more than just a glimpse of this person, you would better understand what makes them them. 

I want to make everything beautiful. Everything.

The arrangement of words. Homes. Trees and rocks and abandoned buildings. The thoughts inside people's heads.

I want to make everything beautiful and that is what makes me tick.




No comments: