Friday, September 16, 2016

The Reflection of Shadows: Fantasy Land

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6


Fantasy Land
(Written to a Tune)

I count to ten on my fingers,
I’ll stop at seven for now.
I turn the corner to catch you
Now I’m facing a town.
The streets are dusty and windy,
The stores are empty and fake.
This town is haunting my senses,
I’m being shaken awake.

I’m in my PJ’s and slippers,
I’m having pancakes and tea.
You stare at me through a window,
Then dash off through the trees.
I’m in my boots and a raincoat,
The air is heavy and sweet.
I’m running fast in a forest,
I’m being slammed by the breeze.

I must be dreaming, this can’t be real.
I’ll keep on dreaming if it keeps you here.

I’m staring up at a chalkboard,
There’s ringing sharp in my ears.
A paper airplane just missed me,
Some girl just burst into tears.
I’m facing time in detention,
I feel a flick at my ear-
You’re sitting there, right behind me,
This is all so unclear.

I must be dreaming, this can’t be real.
I’ll keep on dreaming if it keeps you here.
I must be dreaming, a fantasy.
I’ll keep on dreaming of you here with me.

I’m being spun through the air,
You’re sitting right next to me.
The lights are loud and uneven,
I’m smelling cotton candy.
I’m going fast, round in circles,
I’m  dizzy, careless, and free.
You grab my hand and we’re off now
To a new fantasy.


No comments: