Friday, September 9, 2016

The Reflection of Shadows: You Sleep When I Don't

The Reflection of Shadows
A collection of moments
Society6

You Sleep When I Don't
(Written to a tune)

Here I go again,
Emotions overload and then: no sign of hope again-
I’m broken,
I’m broken.

I fake a smile,
It lasts a little while: I’ve fallen in denial-
I’m broken,
I’m broken.

You sleep when I don’t,
When I’m damaged and broken,
Fighting back all the tears-
I’m choking,
I’m choking.
I muffle the cries
In the pillow at my sides,
I suffocate my life in
These moments,
These moments.

You sleep when I don’t-
When I’m damaged and broken,
On my tears I am choking,
I’m broken,
I’m broken.

You sleep when I don’t-
When we’re damaged and broken,
On these fears I am choking,
We’re broken,
We’re broken.

You sleep when I don’t,
When I can’t,
When I won’t.


No comments: