Monday, June 5, 2017

Monday Mantra: A Remarkable Life

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: I strive to lead a remarkable life
Society6
WonderlandDani
You know how people talk about leaving a legacy? I always find it interesting how they view what "a legacy" is. Some people think it's in the work they do, some in the family they leave behind. I'm sure it's different for everyone, depending on what they view as having value.

Personally, I don't like the term "legacy." For some reason, it sounds somewhat egotistical to me. I do, however, understand the desire to do something great. To leave the world knowing you've done something that made a difference.

When I think of life in those terms, I think of this: Leading a remarkable life.

To me, that doesn't mean being the most beautiful, the wisest, the best dressed. The greatest at any one thing. It doesn't mean opening a chain of stores or becoming famous, wealthy, recognized.

A remarkable life, in my mind, means giving of yourself in a way that cannot be repaid. It means being brave. Taking risks in the name of something much greater than yourself. It means doing something for another being that you may never get any recognition for in the slightest, but doing it anyway because it is the right thing to do.

Maybe that's what it means when you really break it down to it's simplest form: Doing the right thing. Not for recognition, not when someone sees you or can acknowledge this act. Doing the right thing in all moments. When you're alone, when you're not, when it's scary.

I strive to lead a remarkable life, in whatever way I am able.

No comments: