Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's a Beautiful Life

This poem is inspired by the short clip I recently posted, It's a Beautiful Day and I can't See it.


It's a Beautiful Life

It's a beautiful day, but I can't see it
Eyes shut tight
That keep in secrets
I see no colors
See no sights
All I sense is shifting light

It's a beautiful song, but I can't hear it
Mouths move silent
Though I'm near them
Hear no laughter
Hear no songs
This silence, I hear all alone

It's a beautiful day, but I can't praise it
Sunlight streaming
I can't explain it
Can't rejoice
I can't jump in
My words are caught and stuck within

It's a beautiful day, I can't enjoy it
Frozen limbs
No longer function
I can't run circles
Can't jump high
I sit and watch the world pass by

It's a beautiful life, I know, I feel it
Deep inside
I sense it's stillness
Sense the laughter
Sense the light
I sense the things you shut out tight

This beautiful life, get up and live it
Sacred moments
Precious seconds
Don't sit idly
The time is here
Don't let these chances disappear

Related Posts
It's a Beautiful Day and I Can't See It

No comments: