Monday, July 11, 2011

A Surprise

Last week I came home from work and had this feeling like something was amiss in my house. I walked out of the foyer into my living room and was immediately bombarded with paper crepe twists hanging all over my kitchen, dining area, and hallway. I had no idea what was going on. My dining room table had a balloon table cloth and all these streamers wrapped around every single chair. At first I thought a very, very confused burglar had broken into my house and decorated. Then I thought there was a surprise birthday party being held and the surprise was that no one was in my house except me or that I was about to have some odd Hannibal Lecter dinner celebration moment, which I was not prepared for. I really had no clue what was going on.

Upon closer inspection I discovered that my mom had been oh so sneaky and had come all the way to the city to decorate as a surprise, which worked. I had found it odd earlier in the day when she called me, asked me where I was, and then told me she was in town but probably wouldn't be able to see me. Weird....

Ah-ha! It only dawned on me that it was her when I found cards on the table with her handwriting. When I called her she asked me if I had found everything, which made me wonder if the bathrooms had been subject to decoration scheming as well but no; she had also put a cake in the fridge as a surprise. I figured with all my funny mom stories you might like something a little different. She is pretty adorable sometimes!

No comments: