Friday, July 29, 2011

Reminder

Have you ever had a horrible, terrible, miserably awful kind of a day, only to have it saved by a random stranger and a few nice words? I've experienced this more than once and every single time it catches me off guard, in a good way, like a little reminder that everything will be fine and all is well.

A long time ago I was in a grocery store on my lunch break and was basically milling around until it was time to go back to hell, uh, work...I mean work. Right, work. It was the worst of the worst days. I was getting ready to leave the store when a  women walked up to me, smiled, and told me I was the prettiest girls she had ever seen. I was so caught up in my gray and dreary thoughts that I didn't even know what to do. I mumbled something along the lines of a hello-thank you and she graciously saved me from not talking by continuing on the conversation by herself. She kept talking a little bit and as I grew more aware of her happy, sunny light, I suddenly stopped feeling horrible about my situation. In under 5 minutes a complete stranger had saved my day.

Sometimes we need little reminders that life is good, that the sun is still shining and that people are genuinely kind. One of the best ways to remind yourself of these things is to put up little notes in places like the bathroom mirror or your fridge, as those are the two places you look at or go to most often. That way every single time you open the fridge door you see your little piece of inspiration reminding you to have a good day, to keep trying, to do whatever it is or feel whatever it is that you want.

I discovered these amazing and enlightening magnets at Barnes and Noble, my favorite place in the entire world, and keep adding to them as I find new ones that feel just right for me. You can find them here. I put them on my fridge and every time I go to get water or food there they are, reminding me not to give up, to keep believing, to forge ahead.

To name a few: "Shake the tree of life itself and bring down fruits unheard of", "When you're going through hell...keep going",  along with a quote from Alice in Wonderland and another by Helen Keller.

"I may appear harmless
but inside I'm
completely badass"
I also have this little gem on there because really, aren't we all a little badass?

Yes, yes we are.

Now, here is your "magnet" for the day:

YOU are one-of-a-kind, unique and exceptional.
YOU cannot be replaced.
YOU were meant to do something wonderful and
YOU will.

Believe it. This is your reminder.





Find all the magnets your heart desires at www.quotablecards.com.


Related Post
Have Some Class
I Believe in Things Unseen
The Kindness Chronicles: A Kind State of Mind
Inspiring Words

No comments: