Monday, February 20, 2017

Monday Mantra: Breaking the Law

mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation".

Every Monday I will post a new thought, idea, or focus for the week. When you need a breather from life, when you need a little inspiration, or when you're about to jump over the conference table and strangle your co-worker, remember the mantra.


Monday Mantra: Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
Pinterest

I've been a little diabolic lately, gang. I've been breaking rules, questioning authority, getting tattoos.

It feels so damn good.

As the wedding continues to inch closer and closer, I've felt the need to tackle some "me" things, like getting several tattoos that have been on my to-do list for far too long. That probably seems weird - inking up before the wedding. Tattoos have always been like missing pieces of the Puzzle of Me. Once realized (or found, so to speak) I always feel a little more whole. A little more complete.

Outside of that, The Fiance and I have been breaking some wedding rules. We're so gangsta, you guys. So gangsta. There will not be a garter toss or a flower bouquet toss. One of my best friends is marrying us, which is a huge rule we're breaking according to my mother who believes we should and must be married by a man of the cloth. One of The Fiance's best friends, a girl (his cousin), is on his side with the guys. Oh, and my dress came in and It. Is. Beautiful. But it's not done. I'm adding some extra special surprise touches to it.

Oh, and The Fiance has seen my dress. In fact, he saw all the dresses when I was in Dress Deciding Hell.

He's my person, my best friend. He's the one I go to with everything. Of course I'd talk to him about the dress decision that was driving me crazy. He knows my mind. He knows how to help me decide when I'm stuck. He's knows me.

Let's see, what other rules are we breaking?

We're going to see each other before the wedding, and not just because of wedding pictures. We will wake up together that morning, eat breakfast together. We are our best selves together and no old and outdated wedding myths will change that.

Absolutely everything about the wedding is what feels right to us. That is the beginning and the end. While things may not be traditional, they will be awesome, fun, and very, very delicious.



No comments: