Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Skin Care Line You'll Want to Try

I am pretty dysfunctional when it comes to all things makeup application related. When I was younger my mom never had the, "This is how you put on makeup" talk with me. Not ever. Which is why when I was a freshman in high school I used eye liner on my eyelashes and not on, well, my eyelids. Now that I think about it, my mom never had any talks with me, so it's kind of a miracle I'm alive and well today, but I digress.

Even to this day, after I have attended at least 31 Mary Kay demonstrations, I am still pretty clueless about most makeup things. I have no idea how to apply bronzer or what it's really all about. Foundation pretty much terrifies me entirely because I don't like the idea of hugging someone and leaving half of my face behind on them. And lipstick? I always end up eating more of it than wearing it, so for me, it's all about the mascara and chapstick and that's it. Because, with me, what you see is what you get. No layers of makeup, no nothing. Just me. Which is why it's so important that I have good skin care products that ensure my skin looks good all the time.

Therefore, it's important that you know about this wonderful skin care line that does just that. Da da da da, da da! I give you...

Eminence Organic Skin Care.

This is a product line from Hungary that's organic, all natural, and amazing. On top of that, almost everything smells fan-freaking-tastic. I'm not going to lie, I kind of want to makeout with myself. That's how good it smells. Even people around me have been asking what fabulous new perfume I'm wearing, when really it's just these products.

Among the products I've bought, the spa I found it at was kind enough to give me all sorts of samples so that I could try them out. The good news is that they seem to last a long time. I started using everything in the fall and I still have a ton of product left. That is mostly due to the requirement on the label which instructs you to emulsify everything, which is fancy talk for adding water to it. The bad news is that the products are expensive. However, I truly feel like I can get at least 9 months out of everything I've got, if not more. In that sense, it's not bad on the price at all.

Here's what I've tried and discovered, thus far:

Firm Skin Acai Cleanser: Gets my skin really clean, but it takes a little extra work to remove eye makeup. I always feel really fresh after I use it, though, and I'm pretty sure my skin is whispering, "Thank you" at me every night.

Lemon Cleanser: This is very refreshing, but I didn't feel like it was as cleansing as the Acai one. However, the front desk girl swears by it.

Stone Crop Hydrating Mist: I adore the smell of this. It reminds me of London, and long walks, and happiness. Seriously, it does. I feel super, duper hydrated after I apply it and it's great to use throughout the day.

Eight Greens Whip Moisturizer: I felt very clean after I applied this, but not necessarily super moisturized. It doesn't really smell one way or another and for me, now that I know how great everything else smells, I want it to smell amazing. I have not tried the Apricot Whip Moisturizer, but the girl at the spa swears by it. Based on her desperation for me to buy that one, I am definitely trying it next.

Rosehip Whip Moisturizer: I'm hooked on this one. It's a very gentle moisturizer. I find that it really brightens my face while hydrating it. I also tend to think of it working much like rose water misted on the skin. It balances everything out and makes your skin feel and look great.

Persimmon & Cantaloupe Day Cream SPF 32: I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I love it because it's got SPF in it and it moisturizes all at once. I hate it because it's a trick-and-a-half to put on, sometimes. You have to emulsify it just right or it gets flaky and rubs off in chunks. That part drives me insane. When I do get it just right, it is pretty amazing. Also, you either love the way it smells or you don't. It's one of those. I probably won't use it again after I run out. I do, however, like the Tropical Vanilla Sun Cream SPF 32. It smells like a heavenly vacation bottled up, but it's not a full-on moisturizer. It's mostly sunscreen, so you'd have to layer it with something else.

Jasmine Tangerine Age-Defying Night Cream: Love it. It actually smells like jasmine flowers are blossoming on your face. It works amazingly. I had been using the Say Yes To Carrots line in the interim while searching for a new product line to try, and I hadn't even realized how dry my face had become from it. This jasmine product seemed to work overnight. So, while the Say Yes To line is still a good line overall, and is very cost effective, this knocked it out of the park.

Naseberry Treatment Cream: This, ladies, is great for combating hormones. It helps to balance out your skin and fight acne, as well as wrinkles. It's good for layering, so doing this and then the Jasmine cream at night is a safe bet. However, it's uber-powerful, so only do it every other night or so.

Eight Greens Phyto Masque: This is a powerful little hot face treatment in a jar. It works to prevent breakouts and normalize production of oil. I used it when my skin was recently breaking out and it worked great. While it isn't actually hot, it does leave your skin a little red afterwards, so do it at night when you're not planning on heading out and about.

Raspberry Pore Refining Masque: When you use this, I guarantee that you will feel like you're putting raspberry jelly on your face. You just will. It resembles jelly so incredibly much that I am often tempted to eat it and regularly have to remind myself that it is not actually an edible item. The smell of it is out of this world amazing. And it works great. You have to rub it in and leave it on for a bit, then scrub off. I highly recommend it. You only need to use it once a week.
Strawberry Rhubarb Masque: I use this twice a week. The jar says that it works to "replenish the skin for a youthful look" and I agree completely.

Wild Plum Eye Cream: Every single lady in the spa swore up and down, left and right, that this eye cream is magical. I'm still deciding if it's as magical as they say. I do think it hydrates very well and moisturizes. I'm just not sure how great it is with preventing signs of fatigue, as they say. Then again, I just need to sleep more, so I can't hold that against it. Overall, though, I like it. If a dozen women in one spa surrounded me and "forced" me to purchase it, and all of them looked very nice and rested, then it has to be good.

If you try this line out, let me know what you think! 
Twitter. Email.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Related Posts
Skin Care on a Budget
Skin Health: What You Need to Know NOW

No comments: