Friday, March 9, 2012

Hi

Hi.
If you've talked to me recently our conversion might have gone a little bit like that. My apologies. It's been quite a year and I say that realizing that it's only the beginning of March. I would like to blame my lack of focus on Pinterest and all of the amazing things I can pin and re-pin and "like", like this very cool T-Shirt Scarf which you design out of your old shirts. But it's not Pinterest's fault. It's just been a crazy few months.

I've learned how to fix a toilet pump as well as sliding glass doors and regular closet doors, among other household things that all decided to break on me in the same nanosecond. I honestly think my house is testing me. Shhh! Don't tell it I'm on to it.

I have learned to make "mugs" and "bowls" and mostly mustaches out of clay. More to come on that later. I have also re-learned that paintball and plants are not my friends, and that adventures with my girlfriends end in me being terrified of my ice machine. Long story.

Also, I learned that while shopping for things such as groceries or wrapping paper it is best not to make eye contact with anyone, especially teenage boys who clearly don't even have their permits yet. Apparently eye contact translates into please-come-hit-on-me-and-impress-me-with-your -90's-Walkman-or-your-Zelda-knowledge. I am now wearing my sunglasses indoors everywhere.

I also decided to take a bootcamp class, mostly because there was a Groupon for it. What can I say? I like deals. Anyway, in this class I'm certain the instructors want me to strangle them. Not because they want me to move "Faster, faster, faster!", but because they have Britney Spears songs on repeat.

There are comment cards and this weekend I plan on writing one that says, "Please, PLEASE, for the love of music, enough with Britney! Let's get some System Of A Down, NIN, or N.E.R.D. in here! Please. I beg of you....I...beg..." and let it trail off right there like I died from actually being hit, baby, one more time. We'll see what happens.

I should also add that I've discovered my garage door.

Have you ever wondered just how tough your garage door might be? Well, let me just tell you that on a recent backing-out-of-the-garage endeavor, I discovered that it is incredibly solid and made out of very excellent steel.  No need to test this out yourself.

Additionally, I feel like I haven't updated you guys on my life fully and appropriately lately because, well, I've been working on figuring it out. Which is obviously a forever To-Do item on the life list, but worth the effort.

For starters, I have a job, in case y'all were wondering since my last update on it. I'm in a role where I work on fun stuff like recognition and associate engagement- which is basically the perfect fit for me. Although, admittedly, I am a little sad that my band, 40's in the Park, will not be performing anytime soon. One day...

My mom also has a new purpose in life now that my own life has had some changes. What it is exactly, I'm not sure, but it involves me significantly. Before this year she called me all the time at work anyway just to chat about odd things like sandwiches and mousetraps, but now she shows up randomly during the week to have sleepovers and keep me up all night watching Netflix. I've tried explaining to her that sleepovers during the week are not allowed, just like when I was a kid, but she's not paying any attention to me. Honestly though, it's cute.

On a more serious note, I've also discovered that sometimes life requires a day reserved for meltdowns, followed by your dog bringing his favorite toy over to you and setting it on top of you, to literally pick yourself up off the floor. I truly believe we should have a calendar day reserved for that. Life changing, people, life changing.

Anyway, there you have it! I have a cooking class this weekend, so I'll share the cool things I learn from that soon. I also have some way past due travel stories/info and some Kindness Chronicles coming up...right now.

Anyone else addicted to Pinterest? Let's waste time together and follow each other! But not like stalkers. That's creepy.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Related Posts
Whew?
Monday Mantra: Ancora Impara
Sh*t My Dad Says and Stuff My Mom Does

No comments: