Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A New way to Give

I don't know about you, but I love coupons. I also love helping people, in whatever small way I can. Combine those and you have Groupon's G-Team. Now, you might be wondering why I'm talking about Groupon since everyone and their mom knows about it, right? Well because I didn't know about this G-Team thing. In fact, the only reason I even saw it was because I accidentally scrolled down to the very bottom of the page and there it was - the cause of the day. And sadly, at least from what I can tell thus far, it's not even a "cause of the day" thing. I tried looking for it on two other occasions and there was no cause being featured.

My point is this - If you're looking to do something nice, check this out. Money is tight right now for everyone, but this is a new, unique way to give. Plus, I learned all about a new group that seem amazing. The cause that I donated to the other day was Packages From Home. They take donations of food, clothing etc., package them up, and ship them overseas to our troops...at no shipping cost to them. Have you ever tried shipping overseas? It is HARD. I tried once to send a goodie box to some friends in a tiny little town near Russia and when I went to the shipping place they told me it was going to be $700. Needless to say the package did not get shipped and I was majorly bummed out.

At Packages from home you can donate items, money, or time. All of which are incredibly important, especially to people who are facing things we don't have to - for us, on our behalf, for our well being. I would make a horrible soldier, horrible, but at least I can do this. I just signed up to volunteer some time packing boxes up...and just that little thing there makes me feel good to the core. Now it's your turn.

Get some good Karma coming your way. Give.

What causes do you support? 
Twitter

Related Post
Pay It Forward

No comments: